Sgo and and contact

Biglad

Sgo and and contact

Post by Biglad » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:58 pm

Hi me and my partner have an sgo in place now for my neice and nephew how live with us but we recieve threats of vilence a abuse from the children's mother on a regular basis what would be the best course of action contact was ment to be the Sunday gone but we reschedule due to the abuse and threats to try let things calm down thank .

Robin D

Re: Sgo and and contact

Post by Robin D » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:38 pm

Hi Biglad and welcome.

Rescheduling is a good move. However a few pieces of advice.
1. Keep a log/diary of everything. Every contact, every threat etc.
2. Depending on your relationship with the mother, keep reminding her that every time she behaves that way, you will be forced to delay contact as it affects the children. You might think it's aimed at you, but however old the children are they will pick up on the hostility and it will affect them.
3. Tell her that the court decided to give you overriding PR so to protect the children you may be forced to suspend contact. If there is a contact order in place, then you should give her every opportunity to do the right thing, but if she cannot be civil, you will have no other choice.
4. Mum can always take the matter back to court if she is unhappy at such action. That's where the log in point 1 will become crucial.
5. If contact can be maintained in a positive way, it will be beneficial to the children. However, if Mum remains threatening, that benefit will be wiped out and it could well be deemed harmful to the children.
6. It might help to speak to the guardian who dealt with the case and seek their advice on the way forward.

It's very stressful for you, so I hope you can find a way through.

Robin
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

Biglad

Re: Sgo and and contact

Post by Biglad » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:58 am

We keep every msg we also have voice msges saying she will do very nasty things to us thank u.