special guardianship order

lindab

special guardianship order

Post by lindab » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:37 am

Linda B(579)

i have a sgo for 2 grandchildren , ive asked for a lump sum one off payment for one of them to help build a extension as i have 4 girls sharing 1 room i read The allowance is means tested and based on the amount of disposable income available. The allowance is generally paid on an ‘on-going’ basis, for example weekly,( but is available as a one off lump sum) or series of lump sum payments. The special guardianship allowance is to be in line with fostering allowances to ensure that the special guardian will not be financially penalised when an SGO is made. Also Children’s Services are also required to have a policy on the support they provide to family and friends carers, including special guardians, by 30th September 2011.46 This policy should include specific things like:
• Housing: there should be a protocol between Children’s Services and the housing department /social landlords to prioritise needs to family and friends carers for suitable accommodation to prevent a child going into care.47 So if you would need larger accommodation to take on the care of the child and you rent a house from the council or a housing association you can ask for a transfer to larger premises. i asked for help but got nothing does anyone know who can help me .