let down by ss

trapper

let down by ss

Post by trapper » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:12 pm

ss contact team failed to tell me contact had been cancelled with nana left my g/son standing at school waiting. till i picked up on this and shot down to pik him up they are just unbelieveable i cant trust them let alone get on wi them.

youngagain

Re: let down by ss

Post by youngagain » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:54 pm

File a written complaint, I would.

Robin D

Post by Robin D » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:45 pm

I'm not sure how old the child is, but if old enough, get them to tell their teacher (if not already aware). If the child was left 'uncollected' from school without good reason, the school should be making a referral (to SS [;)]) the same as they would if a parent failed to collect.

You must also make sure that the guardian is aware of the facts. (try to leave your anger out of it and present it from the child's viewpoint)

Also I agree you should file a written complaint again stressing the impact (if any) on the child concerned. After all, they want you take responsibility for the child. They can hardly winge when you do just that.

Grandparent carer in Suffolk [:)]
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

trapper

Post by trapper » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:15 pm

went to tell childrens gaurdian only to be told she no longer works for caffcass im gobsmacked already talked and put my trust in her now i hav to hav a new guardian

David Roth

Post by David Roth » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:39 am

It's very disappointing if the guardian has left without so much as dropping you a note to say she was leaving. Perhaps you could drop a note to the guardian's manager, describing what happened, for the file, to make sure that when a new guardian is appointed he or she is aware of what happened.

I agree with others that this is a matter that is worth complaining about. A contact team should be very aware of the importance of good communication to making sure that contact works well. They should have made sure that it was somebody's job to ensure that everyone who needed to know about contact being cancelled was aware of it, and a child did not end up being left uncollected at school.

David R
FRG Policy Adviser
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser

trapper

Post by trapper » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:29 pm

now found out a new gaurdian is available only to do it myself solicitor useles ss also, left mess for her to contact today so lets see how long before she ring me

trapper

Post by trapper » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:44 pm

two days still no contact from gaurdian loosein patience with the hole system

Robin D

Post by Robin D » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:53 am

I know its frustrating, but can I advise you to expect that the authorities will take as long over this as they want. They certainly are unlikely to respond in the time-scales you (or anyone else) would wish. It's incredibly easy to lose all your emotional reserves fighting issues like this that frankly you can do absolutely nothing about. Best to keep those reserves for when you really need them and, if possible, just let the inaction of others wash over you.

Mrs Robin and I used to get most wound up when things didn't get done, or people didn't respond but we soon learned to acceot teh inevitable! [;)]

Grandparent carer in Suffolk [:)]
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.