In court tomorrow morning

Sue74

In court tomorrow morning

Post by Sue74 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:59 pm

Just found out this morning that the case is going to court tomorrow and just found out that i cant get legal aid because we are just above the cut off point to qualify so will be going without a solicitor ....... need to get the judge to agree to me being party to proceedings, im very worried im going to mess it up for myself, how do i put myself across, im very shy normally but my nephew's future is at stake and i dont want to mess up ......... how do i explain to the judge that important details have been left out of the assessment about me that she is going to read, have already talked to my sister's solicitor on the phone and he says to mention the bit about my daughter in the assessment that was gained without mine or my daughter's permission. Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

yogibear

Re: In court tomorrow morning

Post by yogibear » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:22 pm

Stay as calm as you possibly can be, though they will allow for nerves. Write some bullet points on a note pad tonight to remind you of what you need to get across to the judge. Take a bottle of water with you. Will think of you tomorrow. Good luck..... You can do it. x

Of all the things I've lost. I miss my mind the most.
Of all the things I've lost. I miss my mind the most.

babylove

Post by babylove » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:21 pm

hi, i cant really offer much advice only to keep calm. but i would like to wish you good luck im sure you will be fine, keep us updated please xx

Kate

Post by Kate » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:29 pm

I hope you're getting some rest now ahead of tomorrow, but I agree with yogibear about the bullet points. Having it written down this way helps so much when you're in a stressful situation and so much rides on what you are able to say. Thinking of you and please update us.

Sue74

Post by Sue74 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:31 pm

Thanks everyone for the good luck messages, will let you know how i get on.

Kate

Post by Kate » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:34 pm

Oh, you're still there Sue - sending good thoughts across cyberspace right now! [:)][:)][:)]