Any Advice or Information would be welcomed Thaxs

shywazz

Re: Any Advice or Information would be welcomed Thaxs

Post by shywazz » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:55 pm

Hi All, and thanks for all advice to date, the link worker visited yesterday, and to be honest, she didn't know her A from her elbow, she hadn't even took the time to read the case reports or speak with the childrens socail worker, to be truthful the visit wasted my time and her's, the point of her visit was to do..... what.... i'm still trying to work that one out. she even emailed me today, expressing she forget to ask this that and the other, i just hope she now sits down with the socail worker and gets to read the reports already done etc, before her next visit in 4 wks time. end of day there all work in the same building, its not rocket secince to meet before visiting the fostering family, guess thats too much like hard work eh.
Other than that everything is going well, we just had a wk away, firstly 3 days in north devon b4 onward to manchester for family contact then onward to blackpool, then wales before home, what 7 days that was, i'm still getting over it, but the lad had a great week, we are going to plan aweek abroad, now we have his passport, thanks to the socail worker, getting that sorted for us.
I'll up-date again soon, hopefully with news of a move, take care all and chat soon.

Kate

Post by Kate » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:10 pm

Hi shywazz, hope the link worker gets herself sorted out. Otherwise it all sounds to be going well, glad you had a good week away and good luck with the plans to move [:)]

shywazz

Post by shywazz » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:22 am

Hello everyone.. sorry for not been on for awhile, thought i'd give a up-date to our cirmcumstances. which in all fairness is good..
Firstly the care order got finalised last week, without any hitch from the lads mother, although the hearing about his younger siblings continues into next year.
The socail services back-dated the monies due from when we started to take care of him, so there kept there word on that matter, we are now getting the level one enhanced payments every two weeks, we have started our training, having done first aid and attachmant & resilience, the next been safeguarding children, so the training is been done as required.
We had some fun with the housing, which we had to get the local MP and councillor involved to fight our case, as the brough wasn't taking into account that we are family & friend carers, due to the lad been under another S/S brough, but good news on that matter, the housing have reconised us, and our points have been amended, so news on the move should follow soon. (i've bid for 3 last week and waiting for this weeks to go on line tomorrow)

So overall, i can stay things are getting better, and the lad is doing just fine, at school and within the home, the lac's go very well,the SS do help/assist us and once we move, we will consider the sgo. but things are stable and going okay.
We are proud of the change in the lad, given to what he and his siblings have had to cope with.

Thanks all and i'll not be away so long next time, stay well and stay safe. [:)]

Kate

Post by Kate » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:39 pm

Hi shywazz, good to hear from you and with such positive news. Well done on all you have achieved and it's great that your nephew's doing so well, you have reason to be proud of him [:D][:D]

shywazz

Post by shywazz » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:27 pm

Hello everyone, and welcome into 2011

sorry not been on line for awhile, however we have now secured the property we required, having moved 2 days b4 xmas, and only now just got the phone and net connected, after been messed around by the provider, long story but least now running as b4...

having now secured the property we have been awaiting for nearly a year, we have now moved to a newly built dwelling in the solihull area, which is great news for the lad as he now has his own bedroom, which he has waited for eagerly, with the last bit of the jigsaw now completed we can start 2011 on a better footing, if there are any foster carers from the solihull area please do make contact, it be nice to get to know fellow carers in the area for valued support and advice. Everything is going well and its been over a year now since we took my nephew into our home, and he continues to progress within school and at home, we are well pleased with his progress... thought i'd just up-date since the move took place, i'll go read some threads now, to catch up, please do reply if you live in solihull it be nice to chat. even other areas, lol take care all.

old bear

Post by old bear » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:17 pm

hi shywazz,
wow ~ what a difference a year makes!
congratulations on all your achievements. i'm proud of your nephew ~ but very proud of you, too.
best wishes for all that's to come! old bear

shywazz

Post by shywazz » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:45 pm

Hello again... just wondering if anyone can shed light on a Fostering Care Association within the Solihull area, i was residing within the Birmingham area, and was under going training within that area, now that i have moved out of the area, i have been informed that i need to find another FCA to under take training and so forth, with the child in placement been under a ICO in another brough 100s miles away, i locate and find my own training centres and the childs brough funds the training, i've contacted soihull council to no avail, and solihull SS also to no avail, i'll continue serching but if anyone could assist that would be most helpfull....thanks in advance...

Robin D

Post by Robin D » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:14 pm

You might like to contact Fostering Network who are likely to know of what facilities will be available local to you.

Best wishes ....... Robin

Grandparent carer in Suffolk [:)]
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

Kate

Post by Kate » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:04 am

Hi again shywazz, good to hear from you and to hear how well things are going with your nephew [:)][:D][:)]

shywazz

Post by shywazz » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:32 am

Good day to one and all, its been some time since i logged on, and i see there has been some changes done to the site, i struggled to log on on many occassions, but finally managed it, the new lay out looks good, and finding my way round the site is alot better.....

Well we have had a busy year to date, my nepthew is doing great, both in and out of school, he's working hard to pass 11 gcse's which he's coping well with, we have just appiled for him to go to collage, ( how time flies eh ) next year, in all he has and continues to grow into a decent teenager, we have taken care of him for TWO years now, come jan, and putting aside the odd tanrum, he has been great to look after, its good to see him reach his acheivements. :)
His young siblings are now fostered with a family 120 miles away, but at least there were kept together, given there ages, both are also doing very well, we see them 7 times per year with us driving to see them, difficult at times but we desire the lad to maintain his indenty, and keep in touch with his bro and sis, sadly there is NO contact with the mother, by any of the children, at there own request, maybe when there are older, things might change, ( cross that bridge as and when ) :?:

My training continues, although be it, i have to shout for it at times, but i have now been on 6 courses to assit me with the up-bringing of my nepthew, with more pencilled in for next year... :)
We hardly hear or see the sw now, the link worker visits every 3 mths other than that we are left alone to take care of him, which is great...

Oh nearly forgot, the issues i had with my employer, are now resolved, i have been granted 3 days paid leave, per year to attend any training, and am allowed 6 days unpaid leave per year to attend any meetings that might happen. which is more than i expected, i was informed that if i adopted my nepthew, i would receive full parental leave rights, but we are very happy with the way we are classed ie family and friends....

In all everything is going well, and i am pleased to bits how my nepthew is turning out, also his siblings, i dread to think what might of been had nothing been done two tears ago, but thats the past and we continue to look to the future and all the good things that we will share during the up-bringing of him.

Well i'm going to go now, as although little early i have started my christmas gift shop, and more to do today, so until i next log on everyone take care and chat to some of you soon, i do read the posts, and if i can assit anyone i will... ;)