Advice please

Post Reply
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:57 pm

Advice please

Post by Irishdiva » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:25 pm

Hi I'm new to this site please can I have some advice, I have been living in a nightmare with social services, they have accused my partner of domestic violence which isn't true, child has been put on child protection, they said I neglected her , I love my child I would never hurt her, social worker put me and child into a woman's aid refugee, after the child protection meeting they made up so much lies they said we would only be there for the weekend then on Monday she said she didn't think it would be safe to return home at all that I would have to give up my house as my partner was dangerous and knows where we live , which is lies, they said if I went home or near the house they would get a epo, my daughter has autism and had some very important medical meeting which was discussed at meeting and social services told me they would sent a taxi to the refugee , but my child and i both waited and no taxi turned up , after being at womans aid for over two weeks my child was very distressed and wanted to go home social worker was supposed to take us back to get some of our clothes but always went back on her word , I have had so much lies from social services, I decided to go home, police called to my home next day they said social worker said I was missing, then the next day Thursday 18th April social worker called she said if I didn't go back to woman's aid refugee then she was getting a epo I told her she lied and my child was to distressed in there so social worker smiled and said I will be back in a couple of hours with the order, that was last Thursday, it's now nearly a week later and I have heard nothing from them but I'm terrified what is going to happen next, please can I have some advice thank you

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:25 am

Re: Advice please

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:03 pm

Dear Irishdiva

Welcome to our family and friends discussion board. I am Suzie and shall answer here but please use our Parents Board in the future.

I am sorry to read that you are having a difficult time at the moment and from what you say you disagree with social worker’s assertion that your partner is a ‘perpetrator of domestic abuse’. I think that it would be useful to understand more about the definitions of domestic abuse, Women’s Aid have some very useful information. You will also see some information on our website which may help too.

You say that the social worker said that the local authority may go to court, as a matter of urgency please read our advice sheet about Care (and related) proceedings, this advice sheet may give you some insight about how local authorities ‘act’ when they are concerned about a child.

I hope that this information is helpful.

Best wishes


Post Reply