Positive assessment

Nannytoo

Positive assessment

Post by Nannytoo » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:14 pm

Hi, I heard in Thursday that my assessment was positive. My ex husband has also applied for SGO but I do not know how his assessment has gone. I have yet to hear what my granddaughters guardian or SW has recommended but I do know that my granddaughters father is not in agreement to the SGO. Can anyone advise as to what happens next? Court is at the beginning of April for the early final hearing. If all professionals agree but dad does not, what happens next?

Thank you

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Positive assessment

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:56 pm

Dear Nannytoo

Welcome to FRG’s family and friends discussion board and thank you for your post. My name is Suzie, FRG’s online adviser. I am sorry for the delay in responding to your query.

Congratulations on your positive assessment in relation to caring for your grand-daughter. Can I just ask if you are a party to the proceedings ? If so you should be kept fully involved and informed about the court process and receive court papers. If you are not you might want to apply to be, if your grand-daughter's case is in care proceedings.

Were the assessments that you and your ex-husband had separately viability assessments to determine whether you should have a more detailed special guardianship assessment? Usually where there are a number of possible carers within the family network viability assessments will decide who is the most suitable person to pursue for further assessment.

Or have you already had a full special guardianship assessment?

As it is some time since you posted hopefully you have had an update from the social worker and/or guardian about their recommendation.

The court will need to decide which order (if any) to make and to whom. This will be based on the child’s welfare and their best interests based on the ‘welfare checklist’ . As the case progresses your grand-daughter’s father’s position may change but if he or the child’s mother are unable to care for her the court will have to decide.

Perhaps you would like to post again with further or updating information or if you prefer, you could ring the freephone advice line number 0808 8010366 (Mon-Fri, 9.30 am to 3.00 pm) to discuss the situation with an adviser.

With best wishes

Suzie

Nannytoo

Re: Positive assessment

Post by Nannytoo » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:24 pm

Hi thank you. It's was a full sgo assessment. I've just heard that the social worker is going to recommend that my GDs father has her. There are some concerns but she feels it will be best to keep her with a parent. I'm assuming that the judge will agree with SW recommendation? The sw seemed to think so.
Thank you for your reply.