Pre birth assessments/legal gateway meeting

SRCG19

Pre birth assessments/legal gateway meeting

Post by SRCG19 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:08 am

We have an SGO for my partners grandson, my partners son is daddy. Mummy is no relation. Mummy is now pregnant again, due at the end of Oct. Mummy asked me to support her in the meetings with Children Social Services. We have agreed to take the unborn into our care if assessments show mummy isnt able to care for her. Children's social services have done the pre birth assessments, the same concerns are still there from when we were in this situation 5 years ago...canabis misuse, alcohol misuse, financially not stable by no means, no stability re housing..lived in at least 6 houses in the last 6 - 7 years, doesnt pay rent so has to move or gets evicted, hasnt provided anything for this unborn, had everything given off support worker from homestart, circle of friends not good etc the only positive is that she is co-operating with professionals but this is stated that its only because she wants a new house and her debts paid off. We are at ICPC on Monday. We are waiting for the legal gateway meeting to take place to find out where we are going next. Social worker says they are pushing for mother and baby unit. This concerns me as the same problems will still be there if and when shes comes out of the unit with the baby. It appears that the legal gateway meeting is being put off as for the past 3 weeks weve been told it will probably be this week sometime. Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated as we feel everything is up in the air at the moment and we cant begin to prepare in the event that the unborn does come to us, which could potentially be in the next 3 or 4 weeks. Midwife said that due to mums lifestlye choices she could give birth early.