How soon should social services take to get in touch

HeartBroken

How soon should social services take to get in touch

Post by HeartBroken » Fri May 07, 2021 5:08 pm

My granddaughter had been placed with us in what I can only presume they would of classes as an emergency. My granddaughter came to us for a pre arranged sleepover but we then had a call from social services saying that my daughter had been detained in hospital under the mental health act and could we look after my granddaughter for the next 3 weeks (until my daughter was discharged). This scenario basically continued from 29th January until 22nd April, nothing was ever put in writing to us and for the first 4/5 weeks they didn't even come to visit us.
On 22nd April we sent my granddaughter off to school and made promises to her as to what we were going to do when she came home. Social turned rang us on 22nd April to ask if they could pop round to see us which was fine by us. Within 2 minutes of them turning up we were told that my granddaughter Was Not going to come back to us and that she was being placed with Foster Carers. We haven't had any contact with my granddaughter even though I had asked social services if this could be arranged.I have emailed social services asking several questions one of them being could we be accessed to be Kinship carers as we had been told the case was going to court asking for a care order.
Social services haven't answered any of my questions and we don't even know if they are even going to consider us as Kinship carers.
From my understanding social services removed my granddaughter from our care on the wishes of her mother (my daughter) my daughter has done this out of pure spite even though myself and my partner had helped to bring up my granddaughter for over 6years until my daughter moved out at the end of February 2019, but even then my partner and I still helped look after our granddaughter.
How can taking a child away from her grandparents like this be seen to be in the best interests of the child? My daughter is still not able to look after her daughter because of her mental health.
This is SO WRONG and we are heartbroken beyond belief.
We can't afford solicitors feed and I have exhausted every possible avenue and I myself am exhausted.
Can anyone help?????

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: How soon should social services take to get in touch

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu May 20, 2021 4:44 pm

Dear Heartbroken

Please see my response to your earlier post.

Thank you.

Best wishes

Suzie