SGO for my niece

Rain

SGO for my niece

Post by Rain » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:29 pm

Hi everyone,

My niece has been taken into care and it’s been decided today by the judge that their is sufficient grounds to meet the threshold for a care order to be placed. They say my sister has neglected her daughter and a lot of stuff has been exaggerated but the judge has believed and gone ahead with a care order.

I originally wanted to apply for Special guardianship and told the social worker but due to problems with living with extended family I couldn’t do it. Moving on 3 months later I am moving out with my husband and kids and can now keep my niece. I told the social worker on Friday (23/10/2020) that I wish to apply and she said she would notify all the parties but there was no mention of this in the case today (26/10/2020). They don’t want to return my niece to her mum and her dad has backed away as he has his own family. I wanted to know if anyone has experience of this and if this was still possible now that a care order has been made. Any advice on how to deal the with social workers or what to do further ahead. I regret ever backing down before but I was helpless. Now I’m 100% wanting to do it and hope I haven’t missed the train. Would love for any advice as to what to expect and how to deal with the situation.

Thank you in advance.