SGO allowance

Charity

SGO allowance

Post by Charity » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:27 am

I have an SGO for my 5 grandchildren, in which I get an allowance from the local authority fostering department, I have recently received information from them that I am having a yearly review for the allowance. I have had the 5 girls for three years and this is my first review, the local authorities are proposing to deduct my Tax credit from my allowance, that being 50% the first year thus after 100%. The amount is roughly £1110. Can I object to this? As it is a large amount of money to lose, whilst bringing up 5 children. If i can object could you refer me to where i can contest it.
Thank you,
Charity
Last edited by Charity on Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Funding

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:10 pm

Dear Charity

Thank you for your post. I am not sure what you mean by accessing ‘fostering funding’ for your grandchildren’s addition educational support.

Generally you or any other person who has parental responsibility (PR) for a child and who wishes to enhance the child’s educational chances can enrol the child, for example, in a local after school activity, payment of this can come from your household income or any source that you use to meet the needs of your child.

If you think that your child(ren) may have additional needs perhaps you can ask their class teacher or the person at their school responsible for educational plans (sometimes this person is called a SENco) to do an assessment for you. You may ask a local authority social worker to undertake a child in need assessment, more information about this can be found in our Family support advice sheet.

I hope this information is useful.

Best wishes

Suzie