***** WARNING - SCAM POSTS ON HERE ******

Robin D

***** WARNING - SCAM POSTS ON HERE ******

Post by Robin D » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:41 pm

WARNING TO ALL FORUM USERS

Hi everyone.

There are a lot of new posts coming up this weekend mainly from Mahi01. They are in several different but genuine threads, and these posts have been added to the bottom. They pretend to be technical assistance for a number of common issues including security packages, printers etc. DO NOT CLICK ON ANY OF THOSE LINKS. It will almost certainly take you a site to scam you or download a dangerous package that may include viruses, block your machine and direct you elsewhere for help, or even ransomware where they will want a large payment to unlock your machine.

If you have clicked on any link, and are then asked to log in to on-line banking, or put in credit card or other personal details, do not do so. Contact your anti-virus company directly for help, not by one of the provided links.

I've reported this, but I don't think it will be dealt with until Monday, so please stay aware and stay safe. Unfortunately the criminals will operate wherever they can. It's no coincidence that these have been posted over a weekend.

Robin
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

Forum Administrator
Site Admin

Re: ***** WARNING - SCAM POSTS ON HERE ******

Post by Forum Administrator » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:17 am

Dear Robin,

Thank you for alerting us to the spam posts from Mahi01, as well as the excellent advice you posted on how to stay safe online. I can confirm I have banned the named user by their IP address and have deleted their posts and account. We get many of these registrations on a daily basis and on the whole can effectively control them via the reCAPTCHA service and screening of IP addresses. Unfortunately, one or two occasionally slip through the net.

Yours

Forum Administrator
Family Rights Group