Grandparents rights / C2 application

El909

Grandparents rights / C2 application

Post by El909 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:33 pm

I am fully aware that in order to try to get visitation of a grandchild, a grandparent has to seek permission from the courts first, filing a C2 application form along with a C100 application. Within the C2 application there is a section asking a person to make it brief asking what are you applying for and giving your reasons as to what has happened and what do you want to happen. My reason is quite lengthy and there isn't enough room on the small section to write it all down. I don't want to waffle on but I know I will have too for a judge to understand my situation. What can I write to keep it short but right to the point. I would appreciate anybody out there that can give me any suggestions, Thankyou...

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Grandparents rights / C2 application

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:59 am

Dear El909,

Welcome to the Family and Friends Carers Forum.

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty seeing your grandchild. Your question is about a court application for contact.
Have you been through the mediation process that is needed? If not, please look at the Family mediation council website about MIAMS.

When you apply for permission, if there are no ongoing proceedings, it is normal that you would file a copy of the C100 application alongside the C2 so that the court could look at that as well. (Please see page 27 and 28 of the advice sheet linked below).

You could also set out your concerns in more detail in a statement to be given to the court alongside the application form. You should mark this Statement ‘draft’ because technically the Court will need to give permission for it to be filed (go on court record) as part of your application.

Please have a look at our advice sheet 18 about applying for a child arrangements order for residence.

Family Rights Group’s remit is when children services are involved so my so my advice might be limited.

For more detailed advice about the private law process have a look at the Child law advice line or Grandparents Plus.

Best wishes,

Suzie