SGO contact issue

Sourav

SGO contact issue

Post by Sourav » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:33 pm

Hi,

I’m desperate father who was fighting for his son as he has in LA’s care. Then SGO has been granted in favour of MGP in 2019.

Recently my wife and me separated, culturally it would be totally inappropriate to see him at her parents house. There is no alternative place except their house. They didn’t say that I can’t see my son at their house. But I can’t go there at my wife’s parents house.
All I want is to see him at contact centre, it would be most appropriate way to see him.

Could you advice what I should do in this circumstances please ?

Many thanks

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: SGO contact issue

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:24 pm

Dear Sourav

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Board, my apologies for the delay in responding.

Firstly, here is a link to where you might find a suitable contact venue in your area, at this time you should bear in mind the lockdown/Covid19 restrictions associated with contact. We have some information on our website about contact during the coronavirus.

Secondly, I should like to signpost you to our advice sheet called Special Guardianship: what does it mean for birth parents?.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie