Aunt verses Aunt

LovingAunt

Aunt verses Aunt

Post by LovingAunt » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:51 pm

I’m new to this group and i am hoping someone might beable to shed some light on this somehow. My niece and nephew was removed for the third time from their mom, she is now in non reunification. My other sister in law which has gotten the kids through kinship placement two of the three times, this time she refused and allowed the kids to go to foster care. The mother of the kids contacted myself and my husband for placement, we said yes. We have been going through the process since October, now all of the sudden the other sister in law wants the kids back when she found out we were trying to get them, the kids do not want to go with that sister in law, we have half of the ppl dealing with the case suggesting to place the kids with us and the other half literally saying don’t listen to the kids place with the other aunt. Can someone help me understand if the court even listens to the kids, one is 9 and the other is 6

Robin D

Re: Aunt verses Aunt

Post by Robin D » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:22 pm

Sounds like a case that needs referring to Cafcass so the children's views are represented. Someone needs to ask the court to appoint them.
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

LovingAunt

Post by LovingAunt » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:05 am

They have Casa, guardian adLidem, they have a court appointed attorney, they have everyone they could possibly have, Casa and their attorney are trying to go against their wishes and place with the other aunt and include therapeutic visits to change their minds about Cps the mothers attorney and Cps attorney And the therapist and the care givers all day do not place the kids with the other aunt

Robin D

Post by Robin D » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:31 am

It would seem you are not in the UK? USA most likely with CASA, but maybe elsewhere. This site specifically targets England and Wales as our law is different. I regret I can offer no opinion on what happens in your country. You need to find a similar support network in your own country to get accurate advice.

Sorry we can't help.

Robin
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.