Child arrangement orders

Rodders162

Child arrangement orders

Post by Rodders162 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:54 pm

Hi looking for some advice regarding altering a child arrangement order (live with}. the order has been in place for nearly 2 years and things have been excellent from mum. and we are now in a position where we would like to try and get our grandchildren home with mum, the question is where do we start.

Ember58

Re: Child arrangement orders

Post by Ember58 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:48 am

Do you mean legally or practically? Practically, start extending contact. Legally, your daughter will need to file a C100 form to your local family court requesting the CAO be amended/removed. She will need to book a MIAM session for all of you first. You will need legal representation too,
I'm a grandmother going through the opposite situation with my grandson and his mother. Children's Services have been helpful in advising me this week but were not interested in getting involved as it is between my daughter and me unless there are concerns about my parenting (which there are not)

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:39 am

Rodders162 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:54 pm Hi looking for some advice regarding altering a child arrangement order (live with}. the order has been in place for nearly 2 years and things have been excellent from mum. and we are now in a position where we would like to try and get our grandchildren home with mum, the question is where do we start.
Dear Rodders162

Welcome to the Family and Friends’ carers’ discussion board and thank you for your post. My name is Suzie, and I am FRG’s online adviser. I am sorry that there has been a delay in responding to your post.

It is good to hear that your grandchildren’s relationship and contact with their mother is going well; so much so that you are all thinking that the children should return to their mother’s care. You have had some good advice from another grandmother about extending contact as a way of testing out the situation and about what the children’s mother can do to move forward. You don’t necessarily need legal representation but of course if you can access it this may be helpful. Please see below for sources of free legal advice.

You don’t indicate if there is any children’s services involvement now or whether there was to begin with. You can always contact children’s services if you need any support, advice or have any concerns about the situation but, if not, it is a private law matter between parties with parental responsibility. If there is a father with parental responsibility he would also need to be involved. You (or the children’s mother) can get advice from Child Law Advice or Rights of Women; both organisations have expertise in this area. Here is a link to information about applying to vary or discharge a CAO, including where there is agreement about this.

I hope this is helpful.

With best wishes

Suzie

Rodders162

Post by Rodders162 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:46 pm

Hi Suzie, apologies for the very late response.
thank you so much for the reply and some of the links, there was involvement with children's service over 2 years ago but this involvement ceased shortly after the order was granted by the courts. so no involvement with children's services. mum has moved back into the family home over a year ago so no issues with increased contact and there never has been an issue. the issues that initially were the cause of concern have now been resolved in line with the court's advice. as for speaking to children's services they are not interested as the case is closed.