Whole case makes no sense

Sunrise35

Whole case makes no sense

Post by Sunrise35 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:41 am

So in September I was asked by cs to care for my grandson whilst they completed a section 47 assessment. Outcome from this was care proceedings obviously I put myself forward as a career for my grandson. He’s been with me on and off since birth. Anyway la fostering refused to assess me. Court have said grandson can stay with me whilst I’m assessed. Now what doesn’t make sense is every professional involved is singing my praises in regards to my grandson and are all saying this is the best place for him except fostering due to a dv incident at my home in 2019 involving my children’s father. He doesn’t live at my address since that incident but obviously we still see him as the children are young. I’m just really worried my grandson will be taken. Any advice on what happens next would be brilliant.

I have also been made party to proceedings.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Whole case makes no sense

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:43 pm

Dear Sunrise35

Thank you for your post and welcome to our discussion board. I apologise for the long delay in responding to you.

Firstly our advice sheet called Care (and related) proceedings may be useful to you.

With regard to your experience of domestic abuse with the father of your children this is and will be important to social workers and they will want to explore it as it may pose a future risk to your grandchild. However, from what you write it seems that you can demonstrate the safeguarding measures you have taken since your separation and you are able to continue to maintain safe contact between your children and their father. You should ask the social worker to consider a risk assessment if they suggest that your grandchild may be at risk.

Our assessment guide may be helpful to you as may our advice sheet about Special Guardianship Orders.

Best wishes

Suzie