Independent Social Worker

suncloud

Independent Social Worker

Post by suncloud » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:22 am

Hi has anyone used an Independent Social Worker after a failed viability assessment with the LA, also is there a way of using one without having to pay. I am a maternal grandmother hoping to get long term care for my two grandchildren, after submitting a C2 to the court to ask about this had my first court hearing yesterday, it was inconclusive but Judge suggested using an Independent Social Worker but not sure how to go about this. He made another hearing date for September so I need to find out about this asap. Thanks for any advice.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Independent Social Worker

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:12 pm

Dear suncloud

Thank you for your updating post

I am pleased for you that your C2 application to the court has had some success. Did the judge decide that you could be a party to the case or will he make a decide about this at the next hearing?

Regarding an independent social worker, did the judge give an indication that you were expected to pay for this? In care cases, sometimes an independent social worker can be directed to do an assessment and the cost is covered under the legal aid of one or more of the other parties in the case.

I have provided a link here which you might find helpful in making enquiries about independent social workers. You could also speak to the parent or parents’ solicitor to find out if they are able to make recommendations.

Hopefully, you will have a positive outcome at the next hearing.

Best wishes

Suzie