Parents broken contact order

Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:04 am

Parents broken contact order

Post by Wombat » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:27 am

Advice wanted bf , gf and gm have not turned up for contact for over 12 months can I apply to court to get them removed from the court order ?

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 753
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:25 am

Re: Parents broken contact order

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:27 pm

Dear Wombat

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Board.

If there is a court order in place for the parents (or grandparents who have legal parental responsibility) to have contact with the child or children and they have not followed the order for some time you could ask the court to look at changing the contact arrangements.

You will need to communicate with the parents (or grandparents) about the changes you propose - they may not agree with the reduction in contact even though they may not have ‘stuck to’ the original arrangements.

Mediation is a tool that may help. You may also want to document the original contact arrangements and or any attempts the parents (or grandparents) actually made to adhere to them so that you can ‘show what their commitment’ has been.

Have a look at this court form and for private law advice Child Law Advice may be able to assist you.

Best wishes


Post Reply