Please help us

Gemini2020

Please help us

Post by Gemini2020 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:08 pm

Hi everyone thank you for the add my son found out he was a father when the baby was 3 months old mother had social services involved and we had to be assessed the outcome was the baby can't visit with us until she is 18 and my son passed his risk assessment and police check we also had a police check come back clear
I fostered my two nephews 25 years ago and one was 9 months and other was 18 months I had two children the same age social worker was all for the boys to be adopted she already had a family picked out for them we went through the whole fostering process and went to court etc when my youngest nephew was just pulling up against the furniture I noticed his leg wasn't quite right my son's physio was due next day I asked her to look at his leg she couldn't find anything and just said take him to drs we did this and the next day the boys were removed screaming to stay with us they had found a greenstick fracture in the youngest boys leg which had healed and calcified they couldn't date the injury and we were never arrested or charged with anything no police whatsoever the boys came from a very very violent house of two drug users and a man living under the stairs it was disgusting.
They had a case conference and the social worker was humiliated when she was told they had never seen happier or healthy kids in their life we never heard from the social since then fast forward 25 years they are using the injury to stop us from seeing our grandaughter I brought up my own 2 children who are now beautiful adults my daughter is due a baby in January and the SW said she has to be aware of the danger of having her child around her parents please please someone help us

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Please help us

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:59 pm

Dear Gemini2020

Thank you for your post and welcome to our discussion board. I apologise for the long delay in responding to you.

I am sorry to read that you failed an assessment that may have allowed you to care for your granddaughter and to read that children’s services had some historical concerns about your family regarding your care of your nephews some years ago.

Contact (for family members) with children who are in the care of a local authority is often at their discretion, our advice sheet Contact with children in care may be useful to you. If your son and the mother of the baby are involved in a court case then our advice sheet Care (and related) proceedings may be helpful.

It may also be a good idea for you to challenge the assessment that was done on you as well as the idea that you cannot have contact with your granddaughter until she is 18 years old. Here is a link to our guide written for family and friends carers about assessments, I hope it will be useful.

Best wishes

Suzie