Stage 2 Complaint Advice Needed Please!

In_My_Heart

Stage 2 Complaint Advice Needed Please!

Post by In_My_Heart » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:09 am

Can someone contact me that has written a Stage 2 complaint and been successful?
I really need help. I am mired down in 2 years of facts, court orders, CPC & Core Group minutes, letters from social workers. I'm exhausted. I need pointers. Please.

Thank you

Robin D

Re: Stage 2 Complaint Advice Needed Please!

Post by Robin D » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:35 pm

Hi.

I guess it depends what you call 'successful'. Our main complaint was rejected at stage 2, but at stage 3 was largely upheld.

The best tip I can give you is to put in the complaint, and really summarise the key points while pointing out that you will need assistance to unpick the two years of evidence etc. They should then provide you with someone to help formulate the complaint, or the independent person may take on that role.

The other thing to take into account is that you cannot complain about something that was presented to the court, even if it was wrong unless you a) brought it up in court, and the court asked that it be referred, rather than hearing the evidence, or b) you can reasonably show that the system, rather than an individual was at fault. Particularly galling when you have someone lie in court, the court doesn't deal with it and they then hide behind the rules! Nothing to stop you telling the HCPC though!
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.