Advice needed- im New to this...

ImNew

Advice needed- im New to this...

Post by ImNew » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:30 pm

Hi everyone

Hope you had a great xmass and a very happy new year!

So here goes...

My sister has a number of children 1 of which is in a childrens home and 2 that live with the father and a now a newborn.

She has had social service involvement for a very ling time (years) over the past there have been many issues (drugs, alcohol, domestic violence, domestic abuse, neglect, suspected mental health issues and one child being sexualy abused by the mothers ex girlfriend....) these issues have been ongoing and i appolagise but i am never surprised by any of the new issues anymore...

When the new baby was born she was unable to bring baby home to her house and lived in a mother and baby unit with 24 hour monitoring. That has now ended and she has been moved into a family foster care home now....

Both settings dont seem to be great....reporting concerns about her mental state, her structure and other bits...

Court ordered assessments - completed

So i have been approved by social services as a foster carer and sgo carer too....they have asked me to take care of baby in the event the court decides what is best....

We have been advised to find legal advice around an sgo and what is best options for us... (confused) and im not sure what is best sgo? Foster?

Is there an incline on what is going to happen?

Has anyone gone through this before? Any advice?