Court proceedings advice

Jnan

Court proceedings advice

Post by Jnan » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:04 am

Hi, I don’t know how to carry on a conversation on the forum so am starting a new topic. Hope that’s ok. I have been invited to attend the next court hearing on the 3rd December to indicate whether she seeks joinder as a party” I’m assuming this means whether I wish to continue to apply for SGO for my granddaughter? The hearing will be outlining the schedule of assessments up to the final hearing in April.
Do I need legal representation? I don’t have the money for a solicitor. Can I represent myself? Thanks.

Robin D

Re: Court proceedings advice

Post by Robin D » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:52 pm

Hi Jan.

Let's deal with the technical bit first. If you want to add to an existing thread/conversation, just scroll to the bottom of the thread where you will see either a quick reply box, and/or a 'post reply' button.

It doesn't matter but does help to answer someone if you have the full story in a single thread. 👍

The joinder question is to see if you should join the proceedings as a party. I would in your situation as it means you get to s everything the court sees.

You do not need legal representation. You may find the solicitor for the child very helpful on dealing with the procedure, so see if you can find out if one has been appointed by the guardian. Don't forget that no-one will be expecting you to know how to do things.

Good luck.
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

Jnan

Re: Court proceedings advice

Post by Jnan » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:50 pm

Thank you for both bits of advice!