Need help and advice

Tertianend

Need help and advice

Post by Tertianend » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:18 am

Hi everyone I could really do with some help and advice but am not sure where to post my query we currently have SS involved and have been put forward for a PLO and they are proceeding with going to court to have baby taken SS have taken things out of context and also used inacurate information on their assessments they have not collected information they were told to get at our icpc meeting before proceeding with PLO and have just gone straight for it I will discuss more details of situation when someone replys

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Need help and advice

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:43 pm

Dear Terianend

Thank you for posting. It appears that you have posted on the wrong forum as you appear to be a parent. I will however, respond to your post here and ask that you post on the parents in the future.

My name is Suzie, online adviser at Family Rights Group.

In your post you have said the children’s services, (new name for social services) have decided to have a PLO (Public Law Outline) or pre-proceedings meeting. The decision to have a PLO meeting where is a child protection plan is usually made when children’s services is of the view that parents are not adhering to the plan.

You are entitled to have a solicitor attend the PLO meeting with you and as you have concerns about the assessment and children’s services’ failure to do what they were asked, then you should inform your solicitor of this. It may be helpful for you to read our advice sheet Child protection procedures

You have said you will provide more information about your situation. This would help as it is not possible to advise you fully without having more information.

Should you wish to speak to an adviser, please telephone Family Rights Group’s free confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday.

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie