Need urgent advice

Robin D

Re: Need urgent advice

Post by Robin D » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:11 pm

Great news. :D

Let's hope it's a downhill run now.
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

DB182

Post by DB182 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:20 pm

🤞 robin.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:27 pm

DB182 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:42 pm Hi all thought I'd update on todays hearing. Well we have been cleared from the pool of perpetrators 😭 happy tears all around. Now on with our assessment they have got until the the 4th of September to do and file our assessment I told the judge they took me to panel with a negative assessment so he said oh well that's easy enough now because as soon as that letter comes I can appeal it....so back in court beginning of September for the interim placement.... thank you Robin and suzie for the great advice upto now I really dont think i could of gotten this far without you.
Dear DB182

Thank you for your updating post and I see from your post just how happy you are at the moment following th decision at the last hearing that you are no longer in the pool of perpetrators and this means that your assessment can be looked at again in a fresh way. Hopefully, it will be positive and the children can begin the transition to your care.

It is always good to have positive news shared as well.

Best wishes

DB182

Post by DB182 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:27 am

Hi suzie thank you. We have been allowed unlimited access to our grandson we can see him when we want and unsupervised so we had him yesterday for a couple of hours then we are seeing again at the end of the week....next week we have planned a full days activity then the week after we are going to have him over night...the carers are going away at the end of the month so during their week away where going to be driving down to pick him up and bring him back home with us for a few days. Then the week after he gets to come and stay with us. At least until the hearing is over in December so all positive.

Robin D

Post by Robin D » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:43 am

That is excellent news for you and your grandson. :D
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

DB182

Post by DB182 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:39 pm

Thank you Robin I'm sooo excited ☺

Robin D

Post by Robin D » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:28 pm

As long you don't think it's all going to be milk and honey. Bringing up a grandchild can be very challenging as they get into teens. Still great news though. 😊

DB182

Post by DB182 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:12 am

Hi robin I know I just want him here and settled so we can at least give him the care and love he needs so he can have a better future...not going to panel now until the 10th of September back in court on the 4th of September. Hope your keep well.

DB182

Post by DB182 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:03 pm

Hi robin was wondering if you know anything about this...gs as a medical appointment and foster carer cant go for some reason now the appointment is in London. The LA as asked me to take him. I dont mind and I'm willing to go. Will they offer us any cost towards this trip. We will have fuel. Congestion charge. Emissions charge. I doubt it

Robin D

Post by Robin D » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:37 pm

They would have to paid costs for the foster parents, so can't see why they shouldn't. I would ask and see what the response is. Not sure of the legal position, @suzie may be able to assist on that point.