Need urgent advice

DB182

Re: Need urgent advice

Post by DB182 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:59 pm

Thank you robin.i feel cheeky asking lol

Robin D

Post by Robin D » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:16 pm

If you don't go, a SW would have to. They would be paid as well as claiming expenses.
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

DB182

Post by DB182 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:58 am

That's true...forgot to say we didnt have our sleep over because they haven't received information from other LA yet and our dbs hasn't come back.

DB182

Post by DB182 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:33 pm

Hi I've just received a email from the LA solicitor saying our reg24 assessment as been filed to court. So I've read it and because some information hasn't been received yet their saying until that's received they would prefer to wait for the full assessment of us....now on this assessment what's gone to court theres a couple of things that arent right. I've emailed the LA solicitor asking should the assessor of sent us a copy of that before sending it to be sent to court so we could see what's been written. I got a reply back I'll ask him and get back to you...well I know the answer is going to be yes we should of...but what can I do now. Am I entitled to to emailed what is wrong in that report and send it to the LA solicitor and ask them to put it will that assessment form...any help would be appreciated

DB182

Post by DB182 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:18 am

DB182 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:33 pm Hi I've just received a email from the LA solicitor saying our reg24 assessment as been filed to court. So I've read it and because some information hasn't been received yet their saying until that's received they would prefer to wait for the full assessment of us....now on this assessment what's gone to court theres a couple of things that arent right. I've emailed the LA solicitor asking should the assessor of sent us a copy of that before sending it to be sent to court so we could see what's been written. I got a reply back I'll ask him and get back to you...well I know the answer is going to be yes we should of...but what can I do now. Am I entitled to email what is wrong in that report and send it to the LA solicitor and ask them to put it with that assessment form...any help would be appreciated

Robin D

Post by Robin D » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:32 am

I suggest writing to the LA as you propose but copy in the guardian or solicitor for the child.

If you have another hearing coming up, you can get it corrected there. Usually before a final hearing you would be putting in a written statement. That's also a good place to note any inaccuracies in evidence submitted.

Robin
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

DB182

Post by DB182 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:32 am

Hi Robin I have done that this morning just after 4.00am because I couldn't sleep..with all this going on. I just feel that this is another excuse to not give us gs in the interim now. The goal post seem to be get getting moved...we redid our DBS forms in june then they only sent them off end off july.. looking back at messages they messaged saying keep a look out for dbs as they should be through soon. Knowing dam well they had only just sent them off... the fostering assessor as wrote on the reg24 that my partner as admitted to laying hands on my son chest/throat...when I saw that I was fuming.. I sent a emailing stating my partner as never admitted that because that's not true he admitted to grabbing the back of my sons tshirt which my son as stated that. They was fully aware of this from the start. And I feel now because they haven't gotten everything through there using this as a excuse for the full assessment. They have picked on the wrong person because I will voice my opinion and fight for what's right and wrong. How can they preach to work open and honest and yet there not...I've emailed the assessor. The LA solicitor and I've copied all over solicitors into it... I've emailed the manager who's signed it off. And the social worker because I will be raising it in the advocates meeting.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:07 pm

Dear DB182

Thank you for your further posts.

I see that you have already had advice from another poster on the forum which I hope you have found helpful.

From what you have said it your posts, it appears that you are already taking appropriate action to deal with the inconsistencies in the assessment report that has been filed with the court.

Since the evidence placed before is what the judge sees and considers it is important that the correct information is provided. You have already raised the issues that you have with the solicitors in the case and this should be enough for the judge’s attention to be brought to it but you can still be able to mention it at the court hearing yourself.

Regarding travel to London, it is not unreasonable to ask children's services to meet the cost of doing so.

Regarding the children coming into your care, it is not unsual for children’s services to want to have all the information (even if they do not do it in a timely way) before children are moved to a placement. It would not be fair on the children if they are moved and then something comes up that affects the placement and they then have to be moved again. It is frustrating for you but important for the children that everything is in place.

Things have been going well so far and hopefully this will continue to be the case.

Best wishes

Suzie

DB182

Post by DB182 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:44 pm

Thank you suzie. This case took another turn. When we arrived back from london we was told we would have to go back to supervised contacts because of the incident regarding my partner and son. However the judge overruled that. Then on monday sw rang to say even though the judge overruled they think it as to be supervised so dont make any arrangements for contact until they hear back from there legal team.....fast forward to today contact to resume next week.if I go on my own I can have unsupervised contact if my partner comes it as to be supervised....so by them saying that there saying hes guilty of the allegations. When it states in the LA reports does not hint whether the incident occurred or not. So there making assumptions. She went on to say I'm not telling you to. but if you would consider giving up your relationship we could assess you on your own. Are they joking or what....I told her straight theres a man here who your making out as abusive who's done more for that little boy than the maternal family. And paternal grandfather no I wont consider it.

DB182

Post by DB182 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:56 pm

Got panel on 24th with a negative assessment for fostering and sgo.🙏