Foster Carers and FGC

Suffolk County Council
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2025 1:47 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Foster Carers and FGC

Unread post by Suffolk County Council » Fri Sep 25, 2026 2:40 pm

Greetings one and all

I wondered whether anyone has any guidance, policies or experience regarding foster carers attending Family Group Conferences when a parent requests that they are invited to participate.

I appreciate that any decision would need to be appropriate, proportionate and based on the individual circumstances of the child and family. However, I am keen to explore this further to help ensure consistent, safe and child-centred practice.

I would be grateful for any examples of local guidance, policies or reflections on how this is approached within your service.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and experiences.

Pete (Suffolk)

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 1 minute)
Most users ever online was 88 on Thu Sep 24, 2026 6:13 am