Domestic Abuse, Human Rights and the Family Courts
Essential reading - Women’s Aid and Queen Mary, University of London launch their new research report on child contact cases in the family courts.
You can read their press release here Is it #Times Up for the family courts? and find the full report here Domestic Abuse, Human Rights and the Family Courts.
Key recommendations include:
• An independent inquiry into the handling of domestic abuse by the family courts.
• Improved education and awareness raising on domestic abuse, human rights, theories of ‘parental alienation’ and equality for all professionals involved in child contact cases.
• Ban cross-examination in family courts of survivors by their abusive former partners.
• Guarantee special measures for survivors of domestic abuse in the family courts
• Better, empowering support for survivors of domestic abuse.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest