This discussion board has been set up specifically for domestic violence workers and social workers in London to consider research, policy and practice, when working with families with children. The board will enable you to share and learn from each other’s experiences when there are child welfare concerns, to comment on the latest research, law or guidance, highlight new developments and discuss practice dilemmas.
Family Rights Group has separate tailored discussion boards for parents and family and friends carers where members can support and advise each other and where Family Rights Group advisers give advice about child welfare law and practice where requested.
Rules of use
1. Once you have become a member you will be able to login using the details you provided when you registered. If you experience any login problems then please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2.Our quality assurance policies: confidentiality (child protection), privacy and equal opportunities all apply to the discussion board.
3.Make sure that your messages are respectful of other users' views, experiences and opinions (even if you do not agree with them).
4.If you are concerned about a message someone else has left, click on the ‘report now’ button and an alert will be sent to the moderator who may remove the message.
5.The moderator can, at any time: delete messages (or part of a message), move messages to a more appropriate topic heading, and refer messages to an adviser for legal and/or practical help.
6.A moderator will check any external links posted on the boards. Any links that are, in our opinion, inappropriate and/or unhelpful will be taken down. Make sure you don’t give out any personal information (including your email address) that may identify you, any children or anyone else. Any personal information will be removed or edited by the moderator.
7.Remember that what you say in your message can be read by many people, and that although it is a place where you can let off steam, and express your emotions please remember it is a public space. Swearing at another member of the discussion board will never be acceptable. However, you can use this type of language to explain your own situation as long as you abbreviate these words using asterisks (*). Messages containing un-abbreviated swear words will be deleted by the moderator.
8.You must make sure that any message (or part of it) you post (or intend to post) in the discussion boards does not or is not:
• rude, disrespectful or insulting;
• likely to provoke, incite or attack others or contain words or language intended to offend other users;
• racist, sexist, homophobic, ageist or otherwise discriminatory in nature;
• defamatory, harassing, abusive, obscene, threatening, harmful, profane, sexually orientated or otherwise objectionable;
• unlawful or encourages unlawful activity, whether criminal or civil;
• advertises and promote commercial products and services;
• copied from a third party without their permission, or is otherwise likely to infringe the rights of a third party;
• contain personal contact details – email addresses, phone numbers, addresses or identify individuals in other ways;
• encourage action that may harm the wellbeing of others.
9.Any user who doesn’t stick to these rules may be prevented from having access to the discussion boards.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest