Whether the court can look at your complaint

If you are unhappy with how Children’s Services, the Local Safeguarding Children’s Board or the Ombudsman has dealt with your complaint, you could ask a solicitor if Children’s Services have not followed the law. If they have not, it may be possible for you to apply to court in a procedure called judicial review. But it is very unusual to succeed at this as Judges only change what happens in the child protection process in very rare cases. For more information speak to our advice line.