What the Local Government Ombudsman can do

If you are still unhappy with the outcome of your complaint to the Chair of the Local Safeguarding Board, you can complain to the Local Government Ombudsman.

The Ombudsman will look into your complaint and will decide what, if anything, should happen next. The Ombudsman may decide that the Local Authority have done nothing wrong, or if they may find that the Local Authority has been at fault and that you have suffered injustice as a result. In this case, the Ombudsman may write a report telling the Local Authority what they think should happen next. The Ombudsman can’t force the Local Authority to do what they say but they usually follow what has been suggested.

For more information, contact our advice line or look at Advice Sheet 25: Challenging decisions and making complaints or visit the Local Government Ombudsman’s website. Advice line: 0300 061 0614 or 0845 602 1983.


Contact Us

The Print House, 18 Ashwin Street
London E8 3DL

For advice, please contact:
0808 801 0366
(from 9:30am to 3pm Mon-Fri)

For administrative queries,
please contact: