Keeping in touch with your child

When the court makes a full care order, arrangements must be made for contact between your child and members of your family network. You will be asked what you think is best for your child.

Your child’s social worker will also be asked what they think is right for your child. If you are not happy with what your child’s social worker is suggesting about contact arrangements you should speak to your solicitor.

Your solicitor can ask for a contact order which means the magistrate or Judge will decide if the amount of contact you want is right for your child. Your solicitor can do this during care proceedings or at a later date.





Contact Us

The Print House, 18 Ashwin Street
London E8 3DL

For advice, please contact:
0808 801 0366
(from 9:30am to 3pm Mon-Fri)

For administrative queries,
please contact: