How you may be able to get your child home

If you think you have made very big changes in your life and that your child could come and live with you and be safe and secure, then you should first talk to your child’s social worker about the possibility of your child returning home and what support you would need to make that happen. Explain to them how you think that things have changed and that you are now able to look after your child and meet their needs.

If your child’s social worker thinks that your child cannot come to live with you then you could talk to the Independent Reviewing Officer about this.

Alternatively you could talk to your solicitor about asking the Court to end (revoke) the Care Order.