How you may be able to get your child back home

You should talk to your solicitor about the best way to get your child home.

If you were not told about the court hearing and you were not in court when the Emergency Protection Order was made you can ask the court to end the order (this is called discharge). But it is rare for an EPO to be discharged.

It is possible for your child to be placed at home with you under an Emergency Protection Order. For example if the person the social worker believes is a danger to your child has left your home, and you have promised not to let them back in your home, the social worker could ask the court to add an exclusion requirement that this person should not come into contact with your child if they return home.