What might happen if an adoptive parent cannot be found for your child

If there is a delay in finding the right people to adopt your child, the social worker and the Independent Reviewing Officer should report back to the Adoption Panel and also think about whether to go back to Court to end the placement order. The social worker may then feel that another court order is right for your child.

In this situation it is really important that you think about whether there is a person in your family who could care for your child.  You could ask the social worker to arrange a Family Group Conference so that everyone in your child’s family knows what is going on and comes forward now if they want to offer to raise your child.


Contact Us

The Print House, 18 Ashwin Street
London E8 3DL

For advice, please contact:
0808 801 0366
(from 9:30am to 3pm Mon-Fri)

For administrative queries,
please contact: