Support for your child

As a parent, you remain financially responsible for your child until they are 18. You should arrange with your child what support (if any) you will give them. In addition they may also work and be entitled to social security benefits in some circumstances. It may be useful for your child to get some specialist benefits advice.

Your child may also be able to receive support with housing and accommodation. You or your child can ask to have your child’s needs assessed for Family Support services.