Family Rights Group offers a free, confidential advice service. This service is independent and is non-judgemental. Our advisers will:
- Give you information about what the law says and what procedures should be followed
- Advise, and discuss with you what your options are and support you to make realistic choices.
How to get in touch:
- Telephone: 0808 801 0366 (Monday to Friday 9.30am-3.00pm). Excluding Bank Holidays. Your call is completely free if you call from a landline or from UK mobile networks. Calls may be monitored for training and quality purposes. If you don't speak English, we can organise an interpreter, just call our advice line and give the adviser your name, phone number and the language you need.
- Textphone: Please dial 18001 and then the freephone number.
- Letter: Family Rights Group, The Print House, 18 Ashwin Street, London E8 3DL. If you write to us, please send us your postal address.
- Discussion board: You can get support, and give support to others in similar situations by visiting our discussion boards. Our specialist adviser works on the boards to provide legal advice and practical guidance on what to expect when social workers are involved with your family. We have a discussion board for parents and one for family and friends carers.
- Young Parent Advocacy referral: If you are a young parent (up to the age of 30) you can contact us for advice and some advocacy support. Go to the Advocacy support page for more information about this service. You will also find information about how an advocate can help you on the Working with an advocate page.
Family Rights Group Helpline is a member of The Helplines Partnership. Our advice helpline has been awarded the Helplines Standard, a nationally recognised mark of quality by Helplines Partnership.
For more information about the Helpline Standard please visit their website.
Helpline translation service
Family Rights Group is a member of Language Line and can provide access to an interpreter for non-English speaking callers.