Family group conferences training
Three day family group conference training for new co-ordinators
A course for those with some knowledge of family group conferencing and child care planning processes who wish to increase their understanding and necessary skills to co-ordinate a family group conference.
- To understand the value basis of FGCs;
- To understand the legal and policy framework within which FGC’s operate;
- To develop a working knowledge of FGCs, including understanding the skills in preparing for the FGC, managing the meeting and the process that follows;
- To recognise the complexities of family led decision-making and learn skills in managing these complexities and conflicts in families;
- To understand the role of other professionals in the meeting;
- To understand the issues involved in supporting children’s participation in the FGC process.
- To inform participants of the wider accreditation framework;
- To be familiar with research findings in relation to FGCs and to be signposted for further information;
- To enable participants to be aware of sources of support including the FGC Network.
Upcoming course dates
20-22 November 2018
22-24 January 2019
27-29 March 2019
11-13 June 2019
10-12 September 2019
10-12 December 2019
If you have to cancel your place for any reason, no charge will be made for notification of 8 days or more. For cancellation within 8 days or on the day of the course, the full cost will be charged. Family Rights Group reserves the right to cancel the course at any time. If we cancel a course, we will give you the choice of registering for a future course or receiving a refund.