Family group conferences training
Three day family group conference training for new co-ordinators
A course for those with some knowledge of family group conferencing and child care planning processes who wish to increase their understanding and necessary skills to co-ordinate a family group conference.
- To understand the value basis of FGCs;
- To understand the legal and policy framework within which FGC’s operate;
- To develop a working knowledge of FGCs, including understanding the skills in preparing for the FGC, managing the meeting and the process that follows;
- To recognise the complexities of family led decision-making and learn skills in managing these complexities and conflicts in families;
- To understand the role of other professionals in the meeting;
- To understand the issues involved in supporting children’s participation in the FGC process.
- To inform participants of the wider accreditation framework;
- To be familiar with research findings in relation to FGCs and to be signposted for further information;
- To enable participants to be aware of sources of support including the FGC Network.
Upcoming course dates
If you have to cancel your place for any reason, no charge will be made for notification of 8 days or more. For cancellation within 8 days or on the day of the course, the full cost will be charged. Family Rights Group reserves the right to cancel the course at any time. If we cancel a course, we will give you the choice of registering for a future course or receiving a refund.