If your family is involved with local authority children's services, or you need help from these services, we can give you information and advice.
We hope that our new interactive web-pages will give you information that you need. The pages are tailor-made to reflect your circumstances. Our website information has been divided to make it easier for you to find the information you need.
Our detailed Advice Sheets will give you extra in-depth information about child welfare law and procedures.
We also offer a confidential advice service. This service is independent and is non-judgmental. We will:
- Give you information about what the law says and what procedures should be followed.
- Advise, and discuss with you what your options are and support you to make realistic choices.
How to get in touch:
• Telephone: 0808 801 0366 (Monday to Friday 9.30am-3.00pm).
Your call is completely free if you call from a landline or from these mobile networks: 3, T-Mobile, Vodafone, O2, Orange, Virgin.
If you don’t speak English: - we can organise an interpreter. Call our advice line and give the adviser your name, phone number and the language you need.
• Textphone: Please dial 18001 and then the freephone number.
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Letter: Family Rights Group, The Print House, 18 Ashwin Street, London E8 3DL. If you write to us, please send us your postal address.
• Discussion board: You can get (and give) support to others’ in similar situations by visiting our discussion board. Suzie, our specialist adviser works on the board, so you can ask for advice from her too. We have a discussion board for parents and one for family and friends carers.