Need help or information

If your family is involved with local authority children's services, or you need help from these services, our new interactive web-pages will give you the information you need.

From time to time there are changes to law and practice. We regularly update the advice information to include these changes and we will make it clear on the website when this is happening.

To get started click on the question below that most closely matches your situation.

Are social workers worried about your child's safety? 

Are you worried about a friend or relative's child? 

Do you need help from the local authority to look after your child?

Are you raising a friend or relative's child? 

Do you have a child in care?

Are you scared your child will be adopted?


Note on jurisdiction: the information on this website refers to England and Wales. Wales has some differences in law and guidance to England, so if unsure, please check with Family Rights Group about Wales. The information here does not apply to Scotland or Northern Ireland.