Our aim is to build a broad alliance of organisations and individuals working in, or with experience, in this field of child welfare.
As a parent you are very welcome to join our parent's' panel to work with other parents to change the system. The parents' panel is supported by members of Family Rights Group and those involved will be provided with support in getting involved.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the parents' panel or you a young person or family carer who would like to get involved in the Alliance, you can complete our brief on line form here.
All others who are interested in joining (e.g. practitioners or academics), please complete this on-line form.
What is the work programme for the next 3 years?
- We have finalised the governance arrangements and the terms and conditions of membership. We will develop the membership base and service the Alliance including creating regional groups;
- Families taking a leading role in the Alliance, with organisations working collaboratively to achieve this, including supporting the development of the Parents’ Panel and also forums for young people and family and friends carers.
- Constructing and implementing a communications strategy to raise awareness of the challenges struggling families face and to change perceptions and attitudes amongst decision makers, practitioners and the wider public. Central to which will be first-hand accounts of lived experiences;
- Shaping policy, practice and legislation, including developing and implementing a strategy to influence national and local government and other agencies.
- Holding a Knowledge Inquiry and conducting empirical research about the needs of, and responses to, families whose children are subject to state intervention;
- Attracting monies and utilising the knowledge, work streams and imagination of Alliance members, including generating linked projects, to deliver the Alliance’s aims.