The Family Group Conference Network
The Family Group Conference Network was launched in May 1999 and is hosted by Family Rights Group. We aim to promote the development of family group conferences and the values they represent, and connect together all those with an interest in the approach.
Aims of the Family Group Conference Network are to:
- agree and promote core principles and practice standards;
- provide opportunities for members to share and learn from each other's experience;
- undertake and disseminate research findings on family group conferences, including on their impact;
- campaign for the widespread use of family group conferences to enable more families to have a greater say in making safe decisions about their children;
- promote the use of family group conferences in different contexts including learning from good and innovative developments;
- provide advice and support for agencies setting up and sustaining family group conference services;
- provide access to high quality training and consultation; and
- ensure that service users have an input into the future development of family group conference.
Services for Network members:
Recruiting to your family group conference service?
Network national meetings
For a list of up to date meetings please visit our messsage board for FGC Network members.
Latest newsletter and contact details
Interested in joining the Family Group Conference Network? What will you get from being a member?
- 10% discount on all publications and selected training courses;
- access to the online discussion board;
- up to date information about family group conferences;
- a tri-annual newsletter;
- briefing papers;
- attendance at meetings and free workshops for network members;
- opportunities to network and share ideas with others working with or interested in family group conferences;
- priority booking for events and training run by the network;
- a chance to influence the development of family group conferences;
- you will also be supporting the overall development of family group conferences.
Membership Types and Costs. Membership is subject to VAT at the standard rate.
Family Member: Free
Self Employed Co-ordinators: £60 including VAT
Small Group Membership: £240 including VAT
Medium Group Membership: £420 including VAT
Large Group Membership: £600 including VAT
Unwaged: £12 including VAT