Our advice service is free, impartial and confidential (but see our confidentiality policy for more information).
The information contained in the website is intended for guidance only. We make every effort to keep it up to date, but it should not be used as a substitute for legal advice or for individual advice about your case. Please also note that Welsh law is often different from English law.
Our service commitment to all users of Family Rights Group’s services.
- to always be polite to you
- to treat you in a non-judgemental way
- to make our services as easy for you to use as possible
- to answer your query to the best of our ability
- to (wherever possible) respond to your feedback about our services and
- to deal with any complaints you may have within ten working days
- to only record data about you that is necessary for us to provide you with a good service, and to keep any data we hold about you safely and securely.
Our service commitments to advice line callers.
- to answer your call within 10 seconds
- where necessary to signpost you to a more appropriate source of advice and information.
Our service commitment to users looking for advice by letter.
- to answer your letter within three working days.
Our service commitments to users looking for advice via our discussion boards.
- to respond to discussion board requests for advice within three working days
- to activate discussion board users’ accounts within one working day
- to have a moderators presence on the discussion board five days a week.
Family Rights Group Helpline is a member of The Helplines Partnership.
Our advice helpline has been awarded the Helplines Standard, a nationally recognised mark of quality by Helplines Partnership.
Helpline translation service
Family Rights Group is a member of Language Line and can provide access to an interpreter for non-English speaking callers.