Established in 1974, Family Rights Group is the charity in England and Wales that advises families whose children are involved with or need children's services because of welfare needs or concerns.
We promote policies and practices, including family group conferences and a support framework for children living with family and friends carers, so that:
• children and their families have a greater say and influence over decisions about their lives and services they need or use
• more children are raised safely and securely within their families.
The voice of children and their families, who have experience of or need children's social care services, governs out work.
Our unique position
• our starting point is the child within the family
• our independence from government and statutory services
• our history and commitment to listening to, involving and working with families
• our determination to challenge when required and always provide workable answers
• our experience in pioneering family-centred approaches to child welfare
• our record in research and promoting evidence-based solutions
• our commitment to working with families, community groups, professionals, academics and policy makers to enable more children to live safely within their families.