Need some advice please..

Anxious

Re: Need some advice please..

Post by Anxious » Tue May 13, 2014 12:07 pm

Got some great news today.. The solicitor phoned my partner to inform him that the police have come back with an outcome for the police investigation and it is no further action :) :)

We phoned up the social worker and she has said that they are going to start fazing in my partner coming back home. I think this is a bit of a joke and will be bringing this up on Friday at her next home visit to see the children because on the agreement i signed it said that my partner had to reside elsewhere until the police investigation is over and an the police had decided on an outcome which they have now done so from the agreement there is no reason for him to not come home today. So, she is not going along with what she has written down...

charmed1

Post by charmed1 » Tue May 13, 2014 12:41 pm

Dear Anxious
I'm so pleased for you and your family. That sounds about right though. They like control and now it's being taken from them. Push hard they need to be told.

Anxious

Post by Anxious » Tue May 13, 2014 12:51 pm

Yes i won't be keeping quiet this time!

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed May 14, 2014 1:57 pm

Dear Anxious

Well done for the positive outcome.

Hopefully all over in a couple more days when you will be reunited as a familiy again.

Thanks for sharing it here and all the best for the future.

Best Wishes

Suzie

Anxious

Post by Anxious » Wed May 14, 2014 7:28 pm

Thank you Suzie i hope so too :)

Im happy we have gotten over one hurdle just need to get over the last one and we can be free and be a family once again..

I have been given some advice by my fsw she has suggested i ask the sw about writing a letter to explain the misleading information she had written down about the outcome of the medical for my daughter regarding the bruises on her arms... because my fsw and her manager do not feel it is enough to just put a note on the system the sw has as my partner and i need to see it in black and white for future purposes.. She also said that if the sw refuses her and her manager will try to urge for her to do it also. I am really lucky with the fsw i have she is brilliant and really helpful and has said she will act as a kind of advocate for me whilst the sw are still involved and any review meetings in the future. She has also said that from now on she will only be having telephone conversations with the sw as she found it worrying that the sw tried to interpret a positive email about my partner and i into something negative.

When my partner phoned the sw to tell her the police investigation had come back as NFA her response was "why?" i thought this was rather strange and so have other people it seems she was disappointed by the outcome... i feel asking why it was NFA is a very dumb question! It was NFA because there is no further action to be taken due to the allegations being false and the children retracting their statements what is so hard to understand or believe about that. I think she just has my partner down as some villain and was wishing the investigation to come back as a charge so she could have that hold over us... Now there is nothing to hold over us, apart from the bruises that were unexplained but this was 5 months ago and there has been nothing since so i doubt they can keep going on about that when everyone has been so positive about us...

ange301126

Post by ange301126 » Thu May 15, 2014 8:36 am

Dear Anxious, I hope you don't mind me adding that there was NO REALISTIC EVIDENCE to support further action. The Police can only take action if there are FACTS to support a charge.

Even had the children concerned maintained the allegations, there was no conclusive medical evidence that either of them had suffered any injury; there was no physical evidence of any significant harm having occurred; there were no witnesses to confirm any assault occurred; there was no past history of domestic violence; neither of the children had complained before and it is a distinct possibility (which Police will have taken into account) that the allegations were instigated maliciously by their natural Mum.

You and the FSW should insist that all these FACTS are recorded along with the FACT that the allegations were unconditionally withdrawn. Otherwise it is too easy for sw's in the future to refer to the allegations again and state tersely that there was 'insufficient' evidence to support a prosecution with the implication that there was some realistic evidence to support a charge.

The fact is there was none.

As I said above,even had the allegations not been withdrawn, unrecorded verbal statements made by impressionable and easily led minors during informal interviews with social workers or schoolteachers does not constitute 'realistic' evidence.All this should be noted.

Anxious

Post by Anxious » Thu May 15, 2014 2:39 pm

Oh yes i know this Ange but telling that to a sw is like speaking to a wall.. Everyone i have spoken to including the children who made the allegations sw and their foster carer has said that it is very obvious it was the mother who put these things into their head.. She was left alone with them for over an hour in the police station reception where she was heard saying to them "don't worry daddy wont hurt you any more" and "you will be coming home with me tonight"... she was never supposed to be alone with the children she was supposed to be supervised the whole time however a manager from the ss's had told the contact supervisor she could leave the children with the mother and go home!!! This was later confirmed it was a terrible mistake and should not have happened.

ange301126

Post by ange301126 » Thu May 15, 2014 3:33 pm

Dear anxious, sorry if I seem to go on too much.I get upset by these cases.I,m thinking of going into retirement for a bit . I don't want to distress people but those awful people just drive me mad.

Anxious

Post by Anxious » Thu May 15, 2014 4:10 pm

Its fine i know exactly how you feel i hate social workers they are corrupt and have too much power and something really has got to change! Once this is over for me in.going into family law and going to start helping others that's my ambition

Anxious

Post by Anxious » Wed May 21, 2014 7:12 pm

Feel like banging my head against a brick wall right now!!!

So today we had our usual home visit with the sw and today she was supposed to come with a plan to integrate my partner into having unsupervised contact with teh children and then finally coming back home permanently but surprise surprise she had no plan to deliver as she had not spoken to her manager as of yet and also that the police had not got back to her regarding the outcome of the case. Apparently she has to hear it from them herself not just take our word for it that the outcome was NFA!! My partner showed her the letter he got from his solicitor but she said well anyone could have written it??!!! yeah as if we would do that!!! Anyway, she took a copy of it and said my partner should call her manager and have a conversation about him coming home as this is what was agreed on the written agreement so to us it seems as though they are going back on their word. So basically, nothing can be confirmed until they hear for their selves the CPS's decision on the investigation as she actually thinks we would go to the lengths of making a fake letter LOL!! UNBELIEVABLE!! I'm just getting a little bit sick and tired of this now its exhausting when all i want is my life back. 6 months of my life and my children's life has been stolen by them making us live in fear every single day! argghhhh i want to scream but i know i have to keep cool, accept it and get on with it.. she did say however that my partner would get 2 hours unsupervised contact to start off with and then this increases and should last 6 weeks or shorter when he would then come back home but this is still ridiculous he has committed no crime!!