Children in need assessment

Amaranth

Children in need assessment

Post by Amaranth » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:55 pm

Hi all, I am distraught
Re-cap I shared a cat, see image online
The last teams meeting with the social worker, and my wife was as positive as it could've been in a bad situation. I have it recorded for my own use. in the meeting ,The soon-to-be ex-wife( my choice ) ask the question if I could have the children for long periods of time when I set myself up and he responded." No, there is no issue as long as the there is no offence in the future."
Fast forward I received the report from social services and it has many inaccuracies:
May be irrelevant, but it says the date of the meeting was the 10th of April when it was over a month ago.
It says I showed no remorse when the earlier reports show how remorseful I am.
It says I didn't comments on the advised supervision, when I said I would not be abiding by it, i"as has the children are no risk".
It says I am guilty of sharing images/videos on a site, when, as bad as it still is , it was singular .
It says I need to seek help to stop consuming alcohol. They are aware evidentially that I have paid personally for an alcohol awareness course and also a diploma in drugs and alcohol and substance abuse level four course.which I have now completed .
Also, it talks about the risk assessment carried out on me when I am not aware of a risk assessment has been carried out on me
I have done everything to satisfy the social services request, even at my wife's advisory to ignore them .

What options do I have ?
Is it worth challenging?

Best regards

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Children in need assessment

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:34 pm

Dear Amaranth

Welcome to the parents’ discussion forum and thank your for posting.

My name is Suzie, online adviser at Family Rights Group and will be responding to your post.

I see from your post that children’s services is involved with your family due to an image you shared online. It is not clear from your post if you have been convicted in respect of this offence or on the sex offenders’ register.

The social worker has completed an assessment report, and you state that there are inaccuracies in the report, and you would like to know your options.

Regarding the report, you can ask for factual inaccuracies to be changed, If the social worker says that the report cannot be changed then, I suggest that you write out the correct in-formation and ask for it to be attached so that anyone reading can the correct information.

If you had a risk assessment carried out, then you should have been told that and you may wish to have a meeting with the social worker’s manager to discuss your concerns about this and the other matters which you say do not reflect the conversations you had with the social worker or previous reports.

You may wish to revise your view that contact should not be supervised because the children are not at risk until you know the outcome of a risk assessment. The nature of the offence may be the reason children’s services consider there may be a risk. Also, if your wife is of the same view or perhaps minimise in anyway what happened, she may not be seen as able to supervise contact or be protective of the children.

You may both wish to speak with the Lucy Faithfull Foundation 0808 1000 900 they advise both offending and non-offending parent.

Should you wish to speak with one of our experienced advisers you can telephone our advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice is open from 9.30am to 3.00pm Monday to Friday.

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie