Child protection plan

Meerkat

Child protection plan

Post by Meerkat » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:12 pm

My child is subject to a child protection plan as an allegation of sexual abuse was made against him by his ex wife. The allegation was previously made in 2011 in the divorce proceedings and deemed to be false the judge queried why she was bringing it up in the divorce proceeding but hadn’t been to a doctor nor the police, he was granted extra contact. The allegation then reappewarwd when he lost his business and maintenance went down, again she didn’t go to the police she mentioned it in passing to a sleep therapist her daughter was attending. However under safeguarding this was then passed to the police and children’s services. When children’s services first informed me they put my daughter on a child in need plan, and he was allowed supervised contact, the stress caused us to split but we have since reunited. Social services have now decided child protection is needed, and he is allowed no contact at all. He has undergone a risk assessment which didn’t identify any reasons he may be interested in children. They now have me doing a parenting intervention which has been very intrusive asking how I lost my virginity everything. Children’s services have no concerns with my daughter at home the home environment or school. Their primary concern is this allegation, which feels never ending, I’m struggling with all this and finding the intervention hard, now we have moved on to learning about sexual abuse which I have covered extensively due to work I used to do, I’m worried they won’t ever leave us alone or won’t ever allow my partner to return. The police never questioned him or even spoke to him as the child in question wouldn’t speak about the allegation, which of course doesn’t mean she didn’t disclose to her mum but given the history it could well be another malicious allegation via the mother. My mental health is suffering greatly, has anyone been in this position with an allegation? Can they stop us from having a relationship forever? I am adhering to the no contact and we have complied with their wishes risk assessment and this very long parenting intervention that I’m not even half way through yet
Thanks for reading thus far