Insane amount of sexism towards fathers

Jukes18

Insane amount of sexism towards fathers

Post by Jukes18 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:48 pm

Hi,
I would like to briefly outline my case currently regarding my son.
We are in somerset and I can safely say I have had the worst experience with social services there could be.
I came to them for help as it was apparent his mum was hitting him, multiple videos (with context) to show this. He is 3 years old and extremely good at talking well above the average even says that in the SS reports.
There are 2/3 members of the public that have witnessed her hitting our son, theres also a paediatrician who heard everything and questioned him in depth (like why does mommy hit you, “because i’m naughty” a paragraph worth of notes) she called a strategy meeting (threshold not met) not sure how.
There has been unexplained injuries such as a 2 pence piece injury to his head where he had to go to A&E to have it glued.
He has come to me with several black eyes, all of which he has said straight away after getting him that his mum is hitting him.

My entire family has witnessed this and we all reported it all.

Social services have laughed in our face and blamed me and my family for emotionally abusing my son due to “over reporting” there has been no conclusion to any report to date and no explanation which adds to insult.

Since this allegation of emotional abuse they had another strategy meeting and decided to take my son off me, no evidence or anything.

I am now forced to have supervised contact as my ex partner has claimed I'm mental. Even after passing the psychological assessment that court instructed to do, social services are forcing me to retake it for unknown reasons.

Just to be clear, I’m not mental 😂. Although i’m starting to think i am.

The supervised contact is now being stopped as social services have a “lack of staff” and constantly cancel last minute which is if anything…. Causing emotional abuse to my son? Which is exactly what they are blaming me for. The whole thing is fishy and we’re now in a position to take the social worker to court for damages after the child arrangement order has been decided. (I applied for the child arrangement order when abuse was becoming clear)
We are in this position as we asked for a freedom of infprmation request from social services which provides evidence they never investigated a single report, they ignored police advise and self governed the entire thing.

Is there any way i can report this to a higher body as social services seem to be self governing and given the extremism they put on their views of Dads. It is sexist.

Just for clarity even the social workers reports say i’m a good dad nothing to worry about.

Ignatious

Re: Insane amount of sexism towards fathers

Post by Ignatious » Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:28 pm

Dear Jukes18,

Firstly, welcome to FRG.
https://frg.org.uk/get-help-and-advice/what/complaints/
The above link will take you to the complaints page which will outline your possible course(s) of action.

Sorry to hear about your issues with Social Services. It happens to (almost) all of us.
In your post, you mentioned court. Are you still within court proceedings?
It's not 100% clear as you said that "since this allegation of emotional abuse they had another strategy meeting and decided to take my son off me, no evidence or anything".
How have they removed? Via a court order, or through their own powers ie a section 20 agreement? for example.

In regards to who to complain to, I only ask as technically, the court is the 'higher' body to which you refer. Statutory bodies, IE the Local Authority complaints team, then the ombudsman, then court (via a Judicial review) would be the other courses of action,... who wont get involved IF court proceedings are currently in play, or unless you've gone through the other options first.

I myself am in a Stage 1 customer complaint, (just outside the 20 working day response time limit) but I know they are aware I have a forthcoming court case,.. and I suspect they are going to inform me they cant do anything whilst there's a forthcoming court date, yet, despite them having done something (which caused my complaint in the first place) whilst there WERE forthcoming court proceedings,.. lol.

I wish you good luck moving forwards

Ignatious
I am a parent. My responses are not from any formal training background but from my own experiences, my own research and my own point of view.