If Social Services are not concerned about the welfare of children would they recommend a refuge?

Silverado

If Social Services are not concerned about the welfare of children would they recommend a refuge?

Post by Silverado » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:16 pm

Hi, my wife has decided to take my children to a foster home because she is afraid that my temper issues which have subsided with recent therapy, will resurface. She is voicing her views through the children stating they feel the same way and hence why social services are recommending a child in need plan as they see something in the children that they feel the way she does. Social services have denied this and state their assessment sees that the children are safe at home and don’t feel at edge around dad. Yet my wife reckons one of the recommendations from social services is that she and the children stay in a refuge. If social services don’t see any risk to the children, why would they recommend a refuge? If it was a child in protection plan then I would understand the rationale. Is my wife fabricating this or is this something social services would do given their recommendation is a voluntary child in need plan?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: If Social Services are not concerned about the welfare of children would they recommend a refuge?

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:38 pm

Dear Silverado

Thanks for your post. I have responded to all your posts in your thread ' Can my wife deny me access to my children if a child in need plan is recommended?'.

Best wishes

Suzie

benion

Re: If Social Services are not concerned about the welfare of children would they recommend a refuge?

Post by benion » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:58 pm

Caution!

It could be that she is gearing up to take you to court.

If she can get evidence of DV, she becomes Legal Aid eligible.

Continue to work with SS. Think very carefully before phoning or messaging her as it could end up being used in court.

Good luck.