Need advise on my children taken.

chase18

Need advise on my children taken.

Post by chase18 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:31 pm

Two weeks ago my ex partner left and took my 5 year old children. I recently found out about her infidelity for the pasrt 4 years and informed her i was leaving our rented house that i pay all for. I think she is claiming domestic abuse for which there is none at all. I rang the police straight away they told me the day after they have seen her and have no concerns. Social services also who i contacted with concerns about my childrens welfare responded with she is no longer in the area and its basically not their concern now. I rang the school daily for on the 4th day they informed me they are no longer registered at the school and dont know where they are now.
I paid £400 for a solicitor concultation the outcome was that because i didnt involve her in any communications regarding me leaving and she could not afford where we are i basically backed her into a corner and she has done this to get housing and benifits.
I have had one message from her 5 days ago saying shes concerened about my mental health she does want me to have contact and the children would be devistated if anything happend to me i replied with can we please arrange contace. She ignored me and claiming to her family who are supporting me and know the allegations if there are any to be comletely inaccurate.
How do i find what local authority to contact to i can explain my concerns about my childrens welfare as i have no idea where she is and no one is contacting me with regards this i have no idea what to do. I will be making a c100 claim when i can get thee money and a mckanzie freind who charges £700 to support me through the process.
Please help

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Need advise on my children taken.

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:38 am

Dear Chase18

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forum. My name is Suzie, I am an online adviser and will be replying to you today. I am sorry to hear of your situation. It must be a stressful and worrying time for you.

Your ex-partner left you and the family home, with your child(ren), two weeks ago. You say this was after you told her you would be leaving due to her infidelity. Your ex-partner alleges domestic abuse against you, something you deny. You sought legal advice from a solicitor who has told you that she likely left the family home, claiming domestic abuse, to secure housing and benefits because she could not financially afford to stay in the rented home if you left.

You contacted the police and children’s services to inform them of the situation. You say the police saw your ex-partner the day after she left and told you they have no concerns regarding domestic abuse. Your local children’s services say because your ex-partner and child(ren) have moved out of their area they are unable to provide any further information because they now fall outside of their jurisdiction. You have contacted your child’s school and they have informed you that your child is no longer registered with them.

Five days ago, you had a message from your ex partner. She said she is concerned about your mental health wellbeing and does want you to have contact with your child(ren). You responded by asking about setting this up but are yet to receive a response. You are supported by your ex partner’s family.

You want advice on how to find out what local authority to contact to explain your concerns about your child(rens) welfare. You know of, and will be making, an application for a Child Arrangements Order when you have the funds to do so. You are also seeking support from a McKenzie Friend

We at Family Rights Group provide advice and information when children’s services are involved (in England) or when you wish them to be. From the information you have provided your situation seems to be a private law matter unless children’s services become involved due to concerns regarding domestic abuse. If children’s services do become involved and you hold parental responsibility for your child(ren) then they should inform you of their involvement and include you in any assessments complete. I have added a link HERE
to the different types of assessments available to children’s services and I have also added HERE government guidance called Working Together to Safeguard Children 2023. This sets out how professionals should be working with parents when there are safeguarding/potential safeguarding concerns regarding children.

I understand you dispute your ex partner’s claims of domestic abuse. However, for your reference, I have added a link HERE
to information and guidance on why children’s services may become involved when there are concerns regarding domestic abuse. I have added HERE
a link to an organisation called RESPECT. They provide information and guidance for perpetrators/alleged perpetrators of domestic abuse. Another organisation you may find helpful is Families Need Fathers . They provide support and guidance for father’s separated from their children.

In respect of locating your children. I have added a link HERE to an organisation called . This explains how to make an application to locate a child whose whereabouts are unknown, as well as the court’s authority to disclose this information.

I hope this information has been helpful to you. If children’s services do become involved wish your family and you wish to discuss further please do come back to the forum for further advice or contact us via our advice line, webchat or email enquiry form, details of which can be found on our website frg.org.uk

Best wishes, Suzie.